Asia UK Schooling recruits host families from across Brighton & Hove to accommodate our visiting students. Students visit with us throughout the year and there are opportunities to host in summer and in winter.
What does a host family do?
The host family…
- Helps visiting students to experience British family life
- Provides accommodation and food
- Provides a supportive, safe environment for our students, helping students settle in and make lasting friendships!
Why host one of our students?
- If you are signing up to host students as part of our immersion programme, hosting offers the opportunity for your child to take part in the buddy scheme – your child will be paired with a visiting student during the school day, and will act as an ambassador during the programme. It’s an excellent chance for students to get a more special experience of the immersion programme. There is also the option for buddies to take part in the pen pal scheme after the programme.
- Hosting is a unique opportunity for cultural exchange and learning!
- Asia UK offers competitive rates to host families
Host families provide…
- A bedroom, or space in your child’s room if providing an immersion homestay
- Breakfast and dinner (including 1 hot meal per day)
- 1 clothes wash per week
Host families receive…
- A competitive rate paid per night per student
- Asia UK is on hand 24/7 to handle any issues or concerns
- The main homestay provider should have a valid DBS certificate (You can apply for a basic DBS check to become an AUKS host if you do not hold one already)
- Completed application form