We collect relevant data about participating host families and students during exchanges in order to ensure exchanges run smoothly. Please see our privacy notice below for information about what we collect, how we store it and how it is used. Asia UK Schooling is committed to GDPR compliance, and all decisions to store, handle or share data are made with GDPR compliance in mind.
How do we collect your data?
- When you take part in an exchange or trip organised by Asia UK Schooling as a buddy, host or school
- When you request or fill out either the short or full host family application form
- When you contact us by email, or through social media
What data do we collect?
We collect the following personal data where we have lawful reason to do so. Generally this is under Article 6 section 1 (a) consent or (f) legitimate interests, as we require this information in order to deliver exchanges.
- Personal identification (name, age, telephone number, email address, postal address)
- Details about your family and house as supplied on the host family application form
- Supporting documents eg. DBS certificate, passport
- Exchanges that you have participated in, dates and reports of any issues arising if deemed necessary
- Photographs where consent is given
If you are taking part in a trip with us to another country, or an excursion where Asia UK Schooling will be primarily responsible for you, we also collect:
- Medical information (allergies, dietary requirements)
- Other personal information that you have deemed relevant and have given consent for us to process and share with relevant bodies.
For medical emergencies information may be shared under section (d) vital interests.
How do we use this data?
We use your data in order to:
- Know where our students are in school, to make sure exchanges run smoothly during the school day
- Organise school trips
- Make invitation letters and book accommodation and activities
- Place students with appropriate host families
- Contact host families during exchanges
- Contact host families about upcoming exchanges and ask if they would like to host students
If you give additional permission we may:
- Post photos of you or your child on our website
- Include photos of you in promotional material that we send to UK and Chinese partner schools and agents
All recognisable school branding such as school name and logo are censored from photos before they are posted to our website. School branding is present in some of the promotional materials which is shared with members of staff at UK partner schools.
How do we store your data?
Data pertaining to families and students who take part in exchanges is stored in encrypted form and only accessible to authorised personnel and password protected. Data is backed up on a daily basis to secured storage online. Anti-virus and anti-malware software is enabled on all our computing equipment.
Do we share your data?
We share relevant information to participating schools, host families and local authorities (embassy). The information we share is always the minimum required (eg. we only share buddy names with members of staff who will be working with that particular exchange).
You may request to see the data we hold that pertains to you, or if you do not wish to take part in exchanges or would not like us to process your data, you can request this data be deleted and forgotten by us contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 01273 978868, unless where information is specifically required for historical safeguarding issues. You may also contact us to amend any information you believe to be inaccurate.
You have a right to complain to the ICO or relevant body in your country if you are unhappy with how we have processed your data.